Valentine’s Date 911: Pre-Date Pimple Emergency!
We’ve all been there- you have the perfect night planned, when you realize a pesky pimple popped up! AGGGH! There are so many myths about out there about the best way to get rid of a pimple fast. Some of the DIY methods can be harmful to your skin, and others just plain don’t work. When you have a pre-date pimple emergency, we recommend the following tips to see results fast!
- Cleanse the area with warm water before treating it. We recommend Dr. Lin’s Daily Foaming Cleanser with Salicylic Acid.
- Apply a treatment product that contains 2% or higher Benzoyl Peroxide, like Dr. Lin's Acne Spot Corrector. You can apply the Spot Corrector up to five times daily, but stop if it causes any irritation.
- If the pimple is painful, apply ice to soothe the discomfort. You can leave the ice on for a few minutes at a time.
- After icing, apply Dr. Lin’s Daily Hydrating Gel directly to the pimple. It’s oil-free, so it will hydrate the area without causing breakouts. Aloe will help with surrounding redness and swelling. (Pro tip: Store your Hydrating Gel in the fridge for extra soothing comfort!)
- REMEMBER: No picking, popping, toothpaste or weird DIYs!