March 13, 2019
During all the excitement leading up to prom, don’t forget to pay special attention to your skin. With a little extra care and effort, you will have clear and glowing skin in time for this special night. Here are 7 tips for clear skin this prom.
1. Start now: Begin a healthy skin care routine right away. Cleanse, tone and moisturize everyday. If your skin is acne prone, select products with active ingredients like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide for improved results.
2. Exfoliate: Gently exfoliate with a mild product. Use it once a week if you have normal to dry skin, or twice every week if your skin is oily. This will leave your skin clean and smooth by eliminating dead cells and surface build-up.
3. Leave your pimples alone: Popping pimples can damage skin and cause scarring. This worsens your acne by pushing bacteria and oil into your pores. If a pimple appears at the last minute, curb the urge to burst it. Instead, spot treat with a product containing sulfur. This will soothe inflammation and flatten the pimple.
4. Eliminate blackheads: Blackheads appear when pores are clogged by dead cells and oil. Squeezing them yourself isn’t a good idea. Prevent acne scars and visit a salon and get them professionally extracted. You can also eliminate blackheads by washing with a salicylic acid cleanser. Dr. Lin Skincare’s Daily Cleanser contains 2% salicylic acid to purify clogged pores and prevent blackheads from forming.
5. Get a facial: Pamper your skin with a rejuvenating facial during the week before prom. Visit a salon, or do it at home with the right ingredients. Use a face mask suitable for your skin type. On the night before prom, apply the mask once again to refresh your glow.
6. Stay hydrated and eat healthy: Drink at least eight glasses of water everyday. This flushes out the toxins in your system and refreshes skin from the inside. Cut down on caffeine and soft drinks; opt for water instead. Load up on fresh fruits and vegetables, and stay away from processed foods.
7. Get your beauty sleep: Sleep deprivation can affect your complexion and make you look tired. Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep every night, to avoid under-eye bags and puffiness.
Make sure to follow these tips, and you will be gorgeous with clear skin on this special night! What are some tips you find helpful?
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 27, 2019
April 22, 2019
March 27, 2019