Behind the Scenes of CBS’s Good Day Sacramento with Hostess, Marianne McClary.
Today I had the pleasure of sharing my skincare advice with Marianne McClary on CBS’s Good Day Sacramento. I arrived at their warm and inviting studio where I sat down with Marianne near their kitchen set to chat about easy at-home remedies to pin-point pimples and ward off wrinkles. The whole crew was energetic and I was honored to have the opportunity to share my dermatology tips while in the beautiful Bay Area.
Read on for an overview of some of the advice I give to my own patients in Beverly Hills.
How to Shrink a Pimple:
- Items in your medicine cabinet: Apply a product like hydrocortisone directly to a breakout. This is a fast and effective at-home remedy when you don’t have time to run to the store for an acne treatment. However, it’s important to not rely on it since it is a steroid.
- Items in your kitchen pantry: Apply honey or egg whites directly onto a pimple to dry out a breakout. The protein in the egg will help dry out the pimple.
How to Ward off Wrinkles:
- Use a product with hyaluronic acid in it. This ingredient is popular among clients in Beverly Hills who use it to plump up their skin and are often found in serums costing upward of $100. However, this ingredient is actually very affordable and is found in my Daily Hydrating Gel to provide maximum hydration without leaving skin feeling greasy.
- If you plan on being in the sun, apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher every two hours to protect skin from UV damage.
- Use a product that contains Retin-A. This ingredient is not just for acne prone skin. It helps the skin cycle faster and in turn has anti-aging benefits.
Have you tried any of these tips before? How did they work for you? Give us your feedback in the comments section below or ask us a question on our forum!