Get 20% OFF When You Subscribe!
November 01, 2020
Backne is the WORST. Body acne can be more difficult to control than facial acne because the skin on your body is thicker and has larger pores than the skin on your face. This can make it easier for pores to become clogged. Plus, these areas are often clothed, which means your skin is in constant contact with the oil it produces.
Although you can’t stop your body from producing oil, here are 7 easy ways to prevent and get rid of body acne:
1. Shower Regularly: This will keep the pores clean and reduce the amount of oil that is left on the skin. Use a soft sponge and mild body wash and make sure you clean every part of your body -including hard-to-reach areas like your back. Back washers are definitely handy for this and you can get one at your local grocery or pharmacy store!
2. Don’t Stay in Sweaty Gym Clothes: After working out, be sure to change out of your sweaty gym clothes and shower. Staying in workout clothes that are filled with dirt and sweat can cause more irritation and clogged pores. These areas can be hotspots for acne formation.
3. Be Careful with Haircare Products: Product irritation from hair styling products can go right from the head to our upper backs. Some of these ingredients such as Lanolin, Algin, hydrogenated castor oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil, cottonseed oil, and sulfated jojoba oil can clog pores and lead to acne.
4. Try a Salt Scrub: The salt will easily reach the back and dry up any rampant oil that is left behind. Salt can cleanse any open pimples and assist in diminishing any current breakouts.
5. Wash Outerwear Often: Don't forget to wash your scarves, hoodies and jackets regularly.
6. Wash bedding, too! For those of us that suffer from bad acne, we should wash our sheets at least every other week. Don't forget the pillowcases!
7. Look for Acne Fighting Ingredients: Use over the counter products that contain these acne fighting ingredients:
- Salicylic acid: Breaks up dead cells to unclog pores. Look for a concentration of at least 2% salicylic acid for best results.
- Benzoyl peroxide: Kills acne causing bacteria. Look for a concentration of at least 2.5% to effectively prevent and shrink breakouts.
These ingredients can be found in a variety of creams, lotions, liquids, and gels. But keep in mind that you need a product that's easy to apply -- you'll often be dealing with hard-to-reach areas like your back. We recommend Dr. Lin's Body Acne Kit- complete with Daily Foaming Cleanser (a fab body wash) and a powerful Acne Treatment lotion.
Get ready for short sleeves, backless dresses and bikinis with these tips! Do you have any questions about how to treat body acne? Let us know in the comments below!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 15, 2020
September 06, 2019
March 14, 2019